5 May 2017

[Photo] GS Models 1/18 - Lamborghini LB Huracan



Out comes a brand out of nowhere. This is the work of GS Models. To my knowledge, this is their debut product which was sold exclusively by Car Lover Die Cast, a China-based model car reseller. They released several colours of this Liberty Walk kit Huracan; red, white, yellow, blue. But nothing quite takes the cake for me like this Chameleon Purple. The visible pigments change depending on how the reflected light hits your eye. If you know me by now, you'll know I have this crazy liking for purple cars when the specific shade works with the car's form. The Huracan has aggressive lines all around, and combine that with a dark colour and you get yourself a mean stealthy ride.

If I had any interest in an R35, I would have snatched up the Chameleon paintjob that Ignition model released months ago. I'm glad I didn't.

GS Models only made 99 of these, I have the 64th, making it the first model in the collection to have a double-digit scarcity count!









You can see all 3 colours this paint changes to in that one photo above.













In the preview photos by the seller, I was under the impression the wheel design sported 10-slanted spokes. Admittedly I've grown out of the slanted spoke design a while ago, I decided to go for it anyway. I mean, I could just swap the wheels if anything. Resin models have very basic-level craftsmanship outside of the body itself. Come April, the model makes it to the door. Open that sucker up, and I find double the amount of spokes. Turns out those preview phone pictures of the other models did not have sufficient lighting to reveal that it was a two-tone colour scheme, where half the spokes were black, making them appear invisible. I've got Turbine wheels on my hands. I was having second thoughts that I maybe should have dropped the fundings on Make Up's version as the wheels used sport a more LeMans 10-spoke design.