14 December 2017

[Customs] Quick Work pt.15

It's been a while. Mentally did give up modding Hot Wheels in pursuit of greater hobbies... but then that R30 just looks weak with 5SPs, and then I feel bad for not using the plentiful wheels resources that I have procured over the years.







Didn't take an After shot, but this silly tampo was wiped off.



That ride height wasn't doing itself any favours. I've lowered it on top of changing out the wheels.
God and your two mothers know how much I dislike PR5s.





The lamps also needed some presence.



And the exhaust pipe...






Overall this one is pretty good looking. Like most Fantasy castings, where one side is rich in detail, the other lacks it. Having the bumper bar barely makes the bland front redeemable, but it was good enough for me to add my own ideas into it.



Blocked in the black, and gave it 4 lamps + 2 blinkers. The bumper-bar/splitter piece has been blocked in with flat black as I saw fit of what this whole thing is supposed to be.



This has so much potential to be developed further. Tis my favourite design of the entire body.










Yellow cars from Mattel almost always means the paint is thin. Coming from Malaysia, it's safe to assume the tampo application can be a hazardous mess.



Was going to ignore that misalignment, but I had paint left over this has been covered up, albeit haphazardly.














Turned out I already had one of these. Oops. Detailed it anyway.













Did so little work I almost don't want to count it as a "custom". Love the chrome. Totally okay with chrome-rimmed red wheels. Visible chrome + black contrast great with the red...
We just need to block in the negative space of those spokes.



Better!






Basic car, basic looks. This car is boss when lowered.



Before...



After.