26 February 2013

[Customs] Wow Your Car's A Wreck! Weathered Series

Made this a while ago, Got time to put it up.


Before I made this, I finally watched the first Back to the Future film and remembered the scene when the Delorean came back to the present time showing all kinds of wear from blazing through time, and that gave me the idea to present a car in a battered condition. Since the rally racing video game days back in 1998, I found an unusual attachment to smashed up cars or tattered Gundams (bipedal mechas). I still don't quite know why I find it appealing, but my best guess is that it makes the car look like it's battled its way through a war in hell and survived. Maybe it's because it makes them look like battled-hardened warriors. Since it's a man-operated machine, I probably feel it says the same about the driver and that's what makes it appeal to me. Now that I have tools to make this possible, I'm pushing forward a series of customs that focuses on torn-up vehicles; from paint trading, to loose doors, to head-on collisions.

To start off the series, as mentioned earlier, will be the DMC Delorean (Back to the Future) version.



These are the only photos I have of it now before I permanently fixed its base to the Doll/Action Figure arm which suspends the guy over my computer:





No comments:

Post a Comment