26 February 2013

[WIP] The Roof's Gone! Annihilator Progress Update

(Previous Annihilator post: Revealing the Donors)

Made time to work on it some more. Lets just get right to it. Here's a list of what's been completed:

-Bonnet has been cut out
-Wheels have been selected
-Engine is fitted
-Rear fender is decided
-Shutter window is cut from its source.
-Modified wheel arches are completed.

 Break down of what's new.



 Arches admittedly aren't perfect. My fault during the stage of applying putty by not adding enough. It should be okay since the base coat is going to be dark anyway.



 Matchbox 10-spoke is the closest I have in my bin of wheels. If you know of wheels that match the Annihilator's better, please let me know.



 I'm fairly set on getting this cut out, but before I do that I'm likely going to shorten the boot's length.


By "stuff" I'm talking about the other things the Annihilator has, like the 2 blue fluid tubes that sit over the block on the right, and the arm bar in the front.





All that's left to be done:
-Fill up the engine bay.
-Finish up the decal on Illustrator.
-Adjust the length of the boot and modify the contour of to match the car.
-Paint wheels, paint car, detail, print and apply decals!


I hope you're as excited as I am for the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment