21 June 2013

[Customs] Hold the Phone! There's Another 7 Arriving!

It's been a busy week. I've logged probably 6 hours of painting, both spray and by hand - bodies, wheels and windows! The Illustrious Series are still in the works, as is the Dream Cruisers. There were a bunch of simple customs I had in the queuing box so I decided to take a break from the main series and do a handful of these to lighten the load.


Table of Contents:

1) '62 Corvette (wheeslwap)
2) '66 Chevy Nova (lowered)
3) Ferrari 333SP (wheelswap)
4) Jaguar XJ220 (wheelswap)
5) Lotus Sport Elise (restoration)
6) Nitro Doorslammer (wheelswap)
7) Mercedes G500 (black series)





'62 Corvette


Like the paintjob, hated the wheels in the back. I remember wanting to put this back on the pegs but I decided a wheelswap wouldn't hurt.






'66 Chevy Nova


Found the other Hot Wheels Racing Chevy Nova! Previously blacklisted - now a casting I'm after. I'll bet there's a black Hot Wheels Racing livery somewhere in the bin.







Ferrari 333SP


I had two of these and decided to break one for its wheels for another custom a long time ago, but this neat-o race car couldn't go to waste so I figured I could at least save it for the Illustrious series. However, I then managed to buy a duplicate mainline casting to replace the old First Editions I had scribbled paint marker on back in 2001, so this no longer needed to be painted any more. Don't regret this decision at all. The gold LWs look magnificent on it!







Jaguar XJ220


Also took this apart for the wheels. The Jaguar tampo looks great, all it needed was a new set of wheels. Simple enough. It looked great at first, now I'm having second thoughts. Personally, I think lowering it would've greatly enhanced the image. I might have to go redo that in the future.






Lotus Sport Elise


The urge to do something to this came about out of nowhere. Had I not visited Talize, I wouldn't even have this in my possession. Talize is a thrift store so you can probably reach the conclusion the body was beat up. Other than the rusted axles, there was minimal paint chips, and fortunately enough I have a gold metallic marker which more or less matched the paint.








Nitro Doorslammer


Here's yet another car that was originally planned for the Illustrious series. I actually have a small box full of cars that are going to be saved for it. This orange casting of the Doorslammer happened to be one that grew on me over time and no longer had the will to replace it. It sat in the box with chrome RR5SP wheels with white line tires, and that looked incredible with the orange which triggered my hesitation. The face I didn't have white line tires for the front lead to me looking for alternative choices. As if the timing couldn't have been any better, I had recently drilled open a Speed Machines Ford GTX-1 for its CM6 wheels and voila, I found a car that will accept the size-3 wheels! Gray alone wasn't enough so I had matched that image of the white rim by painting the wheels.






Latest entry into the Black Series:

Mercedes G500
(project brief)
 

Wished I had chrome paint - had to settle with silver. Still happy with it overall. What I definitely need to figure out with the tools and supplies I have is a way to get any cars to shine like a waxed car. Unlike the other customs presented so far, this one relies on the highlights to really contrast with the black finish.










Here's a sneak peek at what's to come:



Those who follow me on Facebook have already seen this. "Like" Epic Collage on Facebook now so you don't miss out on any updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment