10 July 2014

[Customs] Round 2: Summer Cruising With The Thunderbird

New diorama props and materials arrived recently and I was anxious to make a new diorama.
Like I have done traditionally, every new diorama will be paired up with a new cruiser.
Well, I partially broke the rule this time. Have a look:



It's the same one as before, but I added loose gravel. It was getting late, so I stopped at that.
I plan on distributing more gravel for a greater coverage and that little mound of dirt will be scraped.
It has inhibited me from taking shots at many angles just because of it being in the way.



What did I do differently this time around? I busted out a paintbrush. No toothpick this time!
I'm using a Tamiya High-Grade Fine Modeling Brush. It works as expected and it certainly
works well with the Tamiya acrylics and Testors enamels. Got the silver trim running the length
of the body, something I failed miserably at with the Illustrious '59 Cadillac.



Those wheels were painted in as well. I felt the extra white was needed to go with the bright
orange. The chrome bonnet duct as well as the emblem were carefully done in too. Normally I
wouldn't have bothered, but I have a brush that does finer detail than a toothpick, so why not!?



Was having such a blast I even did up the gauges.



While it's still not quite convincing, I used the flashlight instead of the desk lamp. This meant the WB
was changed, as well as the colours of my backdrop. I would say this setup is more preferable
because the raw has significantly less over-exposure so correcting everything is so much easier.



Enjoying that view.





Awfully similar scheme- wheels even! What a coincidence.

Next dream Cruiser to be worked on may just be the Furai, one I'm also excited to work one whenever I think about it.
Now I just need the will power to get to it. To end off this post, here's a batch of Illustrious cars that are nearly finished.



I have yet to reveal the past batch I finished ages ago though. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment