4 July 2014

[Customs] Back To Summer - BMW Z4 Dream Cruisers

After the horrid time spraying the nail polish on the Diablo for days, I reckoned my airbrushing session wouldn't be so bad
for the Dream Cruisers. I'd be working on drastically smaller cars, so less time is needed. I'm also using a professional
nail polish thinner, not the "drop of nail polish remover" trick. It works out in a more favourable condition when shooting
this stuff out the airbrush nozzle. It's a shame the polish came out gritty and dull like the Diablo. I'm unsure if that's a result
of having too much thinner, PSI being too low or too high. I can't tell yet, I'd have to experiment more. In any case, I was able
to overcome that dull finish once again by spraying down a load of clear coat. The gloss brings the nail polish back to life.
It looks just like cured polish, except the saturation seems to have been lost through the spraying process.













Again, I've never had to mess around with so much colour correction as well as dodge/burn, levels and curves with any other photos. I am pleased to know I'm getting the hang of correcting the output to look a tad closer to daylight lighting.

1 comment: