3 August 2015

[Gaming] Avalanche - Police Chase in the Mountains! (4:13.35)



I pushed it a bit further this time with the audio.Learning from the previous Hot Pursuit video "Blacklisted", I kept the music muting from the use of EMP, except this time I didn't rely on a single track to play throughout the entire video. This time, I took snippets of multiple tracks to include them at specific times to raise tension while leaving the blank spaces in between to provide occasional breaks. The music will usually kick in again once another police officer engages in the chase, and the music just keeps going once they begin closing in on my tail. My biggest gripe here is the fact I used EMPs twice in a row towards the end which means I have to cut out all the music eliminating all the excitement that was had at the time.

Aside from the video making, I found another player who set 3:52 on this, a staggering 20-second difference! I watched closely to their path choice and they didn't seem to show a strategic use of nitrous, but rather they were keeping the car sideways as much as they possibly could and staying on the oncoming lane throughout the mountain section earning them way more nitrous than I ever had. This is something I will definitely put more practice towards in the future.