28 June 2016

[Customs] When Factory Paint Alone isn't Enough



The metalflake black turned out great in the stock photo, but while I already had plans to lay dirt on another car, this one tagged along for the ride.







The lighting looks weird. I'm using bluish LEDs instead of the warmer lamp I usually opt for in dioramas.





A white Castrol livery being released had me thrilled. But as I looked at it more, it was missing details. Shiny wheels didn't look look right. 5SP wheels were already a good choice without a doubt, but I figured I may as well step it up and get premium wheels in the mix. For the sandy look, I tried my best not to go overboard with the dirt application by leaving the top surfaces relatively dirt-free. I did however feather the clean surfaces with a light coat just to cover the paint's gloss as it doesn't seem to make much sense for a car to be dusty all over while having a squeaky clean roof.













For those curious of the diorama setup, it looks like this: