9 February 2013

[Customs] - Fish'd n' Chip'd

Former Stealth Project Candidate.





It was pretty great looking in that photo above, wasn't it? True, but while the Stealth Project was the first custom series I put forth, it was also for sake of eliminating the excessive amount of duplicates I accumulated near the end of 2011. I started collecting late in that year, so my collection was obviously small at the time. With more cars purchased, the need for storage became bigger. Not having yet established anything yet, I resorted to finding unused boxes in my room, one of which was the box that contained a Wacom Bamboo Tablet and if you're familiar with one, the boxes are big enough to store about 40 loose cars, about a third of my collection at the time. I eventually forgot where I put the box away, gave up on it and set out to reacquire all the missing cars. About a month later, my memory kicks in, connect the dots, I now have about 40 extra duplicates and wasted about 40 dollars. Great! 

Now I'm stuck with extra cars and all I could think of doing was doing paint jobs. Prior to this unexpected turn, I had been planning to do a Stealth Paint series, and my impatient self decided to put all these duplicates in the mix. The amount of work ahead had a big impact on how this was going to turn out. With 40 cars to disassemble, paint, and reassemble afterwards, I sure as hell didn't want to take my time with a free-time project this big. Things got rushed and very little cars had very satisfying results. This car on the other hand was done later than the bulk so I spent a little more time with this since I had a good feeling a car with a sleek shape like this would turn out beautiful. My only regret at the time was that I didn't select better-looking wheels. It was still the same stock wheels, black MC5s off the 2011 Heat Fleet re-colour. It sucks, it doesn't have the vintage look, it - without a doubt - needed either spoke-wire wheels, or white-wall tires. The latter happens to be a soft spot for me and I settled on that:



Now that it has distinguishable tires, it has now been moved into the Black Series. I could've painted the front lamps, but for some reason, I didn't want to. Now that I think about it, I can't reason why I shouldn't. Painting on lamps would definitely be nice, and possibly lowering the ride height. Didn't think of it at the time, too late now. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Too late? Oh well?
    That's not an excuse! What reasons are there not to finish the car?

    This is a prime example of Da Vinci's famous quote:
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned.:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've super glued it back together already.

      Delete