2 March 2013

[Diecast] New Grabs for March

Got around to photographing the latest purchases. The Greenlight and Vintage Racing were purchased from one of my favourite eBay sellers carcraze7. He sells all his cars loose and as a result his shipping prices are one of the lowest I've encountered in the past year. He also opens the option to allow best offers so that's also great for those who want a better deal. Check out his stuff some time, even with the increased postage rates, he still manages to provide much lower shipping prices than a lot of sellers.



 I don't know a thing about Smokey and the Bandit but I do like the Firebird as well as black & gold colour scheme. I was happy to our Walmarts carrying a case because I feared Canadians wouldn't get them!

 I need more of these Vintage Racing cars.. especially that green Dodge Challenger!

 Shelby GT500 Super Snake. Love Super Snakes, even if the back wheels are too big.

Ford Edsel. From that Hollywood series... or something. Love the colour scheme as always.

2013 Hot Wheels Camaro. Finally got some!
 The Tarmac Attack is one of my favourite new castings of 2013. It's so cute! An idea of making a line of customs of these crossed my mind one day as a response to all the Kool Kombi customs I've seen. Darn shame I've never seen one yet.
 Cadillac El Dorado. Wasn't aware there was a Hot Wheels casting of this, but as soon as I saw one I just needed to have at least one.
 Custom '62 Chevy. It has no surfboard, but that's okay. The satin red paintjob is damn gorgeous.

 '59 Chevy Corvette. I still like '55 Corvettes more, but this Greenlight is fairly pretty too.

 Ferrari 612 Scagletti. It's from the exclusive Ferrari 5-pack, but I bought this one from carcraze7. I can wait for the 5-pack to hit stores here, but that may not be until May I'm guessing. The tampos on the headlamps are beautifully done. I like the overall finish of this more than the cheesy metalflake finish of the previous 5-pack. There's that level of "pop" a plain metalflake finish (with no headlamp tampo) can't achieve.

Lambo Aventador. The next colour in the Aventador line up. The black chosen isn't a flat black, but rather it gives off the same impression as a handful of watercolour paint layers. Describing it is a bit strange but I suppose one way to put it is that it appears like there's a lot of depth in the colour itself... if that makes any sense.


Didn't see any Treasure Hunts recently. Maybe next month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment