29 January 2014

[Customs] Touching Up.

It took a while, but my interest in the Monoposto's design grew to an acceptable level of my standards as I looked up many images of it from plenty of angles. The conservative side of me said to keep up the trend of cutting down on the collection while the other wanted to see something cool out of this casting. Several of them looked pretty bad, most actually. They were either bland in detail or lacked a satisfying colour scheme. This 2002 Energy Car Series turned out to be rather swell. Usually I don't spend time doing a photo session on a non-custom, but I felt the need to explore the potential beauty of this.

The reason for that is because previous fantasy castings I was sold by only sold me from a single particular feature: the profile of the Nitro Doorslammer and Prototype H-24, the front of the Super Blitzen, or the colour scheme of the Cloak and Dagger. I overlooked other parts of the casting and regrettably some of them take away from its overall appeal. The kid in me probably wouldn't stop myself from collecting cool cars, so I said to myself "If you're going to start a collection on a new fantasy casting, make sure you like at least 90% of how it looks and that you only collect the colours that really stand out. If there's any part of it you think may draw you away, don't bother!"

The Super Blitzen for example was the biggest let down off the top of my head. I absolutely love the aggressive look the front design has, but when we switch over to the rear, it's as bland as a block and doesn't retain a similar design language as the front. The Monoposto thankfully looks pretty decent all around, especially in this black/gold scheme. The rear design in particular is my favourite bit of this car.




While these photos were taken, I was not pleased at how difficult it was to capture the form of the headlights with the light source. It needed some definition of an edge, so shortly after these photos were taken, I grabbed the marker and scribbled it in. While I was at it, I did up the rear lights as well. It definitely needed that too.







No comments:

Post a Comment