31 May 2014

[Customs] Quick Work pt.4

Was about to frame up the One-77s, decided it'd be nice to match the other ones to the red one I lowered. While that was happening, I pulled out the '70 Challenger I had plans on wheelswapping a year ago. And on top of that, the two polished cars I was working on recently were sitting on my desk for two weeks so since I was already on a roll, why not finish that off too? 5 cars completed in one night. 5 less cars out of the queue!













I will admit I got lazy with these two and didn't carefully shave down the interior piece to get a close fit without the wheels bottoming out. It's going up on the wall anyway so it's not exactly going to be rolling around anyway. I did do up the rear lights and vents to make up for it though!










Here's one of many cars I planned for a simple wheelswap which had been sitting in a box for a year forgotten about. Good timing too. I was close to selling off my Challengers collection too.



















Imperfections in the castings are well-defined beneath the mask of factory paint. Nevertheless, this is a start. I can see myself moving into stuff like spectraflame paintjobs in the future.