29 September 2015

[Customs] 1/18 Jaguar E-Type

[finished product] That Matchbox casting sure did open me up. Thanks to the E-Type, the Toyota 2000GT, and a few others, I've come to a better understanding of why people have so much respect for vintage cars. So what's with the noticeable increase in the 1:18 collection? There was a rule I put down to prevent myself from going ham, but one day AutoART posted a picture of a Subaru Impreza 22b and I was just blown away by its beauty. I recall having numerous thoughts floating around in my mind, but it eventually lead to the one outstanding thought "Why don't I make an exception to the no-collecting policy, and allow only my most favourite cars of all time pass through the gate?" To be reasonable, I already let a Shelby Cobra pass on it. So heck, I'll let some more cars through, but like girls picking out shoes to wear, picking out cars I can and cannot go shopping for can and will probably be aggravating.

Getting back to the Jag, I picked this one up along with the Bburago F40 (which YOU CAN FIND HERE - SEND LINK) during my trip to the flea market. The irony here is that I saw this E-Type the first time I visited (but didn't have cash available to purchase it), but on my returning trip, I ended up wanting the F40 more than the E-Type. I will explain why after you see these photos.



The model looks just fine. For $35, that's about as much one can expect from this Bburago. It looks fine on it's own, but there's enough about it I don't like that warrants a list of fixes.



Without further adieu, let's work out what needs to be done.

[PHOTOGRAPH IMPERFECTIONS] #stupid belts.