15 May 2016

Audi Sport Quattro S1 Pikes Peak (Otto vs Top Marques Comparison)

To see the photo set on the Otto model, click here.

Before acquiring the Otto, there was a moment where I had briefly decided between it and the Top Marques. While the Top Marques had certain features I liked more than the Otto, ultimately I went with Otto to save cash. So how was I able to bring photos of the other brand today? I want to thank jusali from DiecastExchange for offering to help make this post possible by sharing his photos of his model for a side-by-side comparison. We hope this will help inform readers of the subtle differences between the two models and help them find an answer which brand they would put their money on.

TOP MARQUES OTTO MOBILE


Here are some I've noticed:
-Top Marques has the metal strip along the front bumper and fender well.
-The wing on the Otto sits much higher (the tip of the wing sits higher than the roof).
-Otto has the slanted slotted vent on the bonnet coloured in.
-Top Marques has tidier mesh where the racing stripe overlaps it on the bonnet. The Otto looks atrocious.
-Otto has coloured mesh holes, both on the bonnet and rear bumper.
-Top Marques has hinges for the trunk.
-Otto has rivets running along the length of the rear wing.
-Otto's tires actually say "Michelin".
-Top Marques has the "Bosch" decal on the left headlamp.



Unfortunately we did not get photos at the same angles since we had taken these photos on our own
rather than collaborating one-on-one, but I've tried my best to match what photos I have to his. Thanks again, jusali!

If you have model cars similar to what I have; of a different brand, livery or release that
you want to see a comparison with, reach out to me via e-mail and we can work something out.