10 September 2017

Car & Angles

Over at a discussion board I frequent, I was invited to take part of a casual model car photography competition. Should really be called contest if it's not competitive, but whatever. It's an event that had been running for a year or two by now, but it has only recently received a revival based on people willing to play.

To start us off, this week's theme was "Angles". I like it when themes stay broad as it opens up for interpretations. When you think camera shots and angles, often times the first thing we think of is positioning ourselves to capture the car from an unusual point of view. The irony of it is that this is the usual response we go to. I've went on a different tangent and went with this:





I've titled it Halasana; a yoga pose! Yoga poses are full of angles. I'm just hoping the stacked stones will be telling of what the intent of this was. Model is a Maisto SRT Viper.

It's not the crispiest of photos I've ever taken. In the interest of playing on fair grounds with others while letting me push myself, I've handicapped myself to using my phone's camera with no post-edits. Heavy post-editing isn't allowed according to the rules anyway as this is more so a contest of idea rather than quality of equipment & post-edit skills. I've kept three with different WB settings; will be submitting the first.