16 January 2021

Ribose - Iron Saga Teresa Figure

Borrowed the background image from a piece called Ruincityscape 001 2k by everlite. Source


From another phone game I've never played, comes another character whom I don't know. Introducing, Teresa!



Stylish outfit. Enormous futuristic gun- I'm assuming that's some kind of gun.... Cool-looking overall. It's all I really need for these to make it into my collection. Technically, they require something more than a circular disk for a base, but I think I've given way too much slack on this rule now. Anyway, it's another first for me with sampling unfamiliar new brand. Like MiHoYo, I took a chance with Ribose with no previous experience with them. Although there are some great points about this figure, I wasn't fully happy with this one and the details on that will be covered later.



I've tried looking it up. No idea if it really is a giant energy cannon of sorts. [S] carries something massive and futuristic, but I know for sure that is to carry two swords.



Face threw me off a little bit. Product photos looked great, but like [S], another Chinese-brand figure, they misled a bit on how the eyes would end up looking. A very unfortunate downside, as that was a huge selling point for me. As insignificant in size the cherry is on top of a cake, a bad cherry can sour the first impression. Strange analogy? Indeed.



I want to say I pulled out the long lens for this one. I completely took this lens for granted in my journey of shooting minature inanimate objects. For the longest time I had been using shorter lens and I've been stuck with some heavily foreshortened shots simply because of how little zoom I could get on them. But having that longer lens changes everything. The subject is flatter, and the depth of field is comparatively immense.



I'm pretty sure it is some kind of decal or tampo ink printed on the jacket, but it came out very clean with the sharp edges.



This strapless dress was one of the weakest links of this product in my opinion. The fabric wrinkles are great. The PVC is transparent with a white spray and less layers are applied towards the fringes leaving a very subtle transparency fade. My real beef was how it "fans" out from all sides. I only wish it was slightly tighter around the belly. None of my photos illustrate this point very well. In fact, I think I completely avoided those specific angles.



And all these straps, especially the ones around her sleeve, those are insanely pliable. I can't imagine wanting to keep this one til the plasticizer fades. Fun fact, I've already sold this figure to another collector before the time of this post.









Really loving how controlled the lighting is on a lot of these shots. Got a great fill on fore- and background. That's something I've been working more on. With model cars, I can get by with high-contrast lighting as that paints the impression of a polished surface and potentially a mean-looking car. I can't do that with statue. It just doesn't turn out with the same effect.



Sadly a plain ol base. Those heels are great to look at though.





Game Box art right here.