11 February 2021

[Customs] Mazda RX-7 blue WSP Swap



It has been a while. Life has been nothing but distractions one after another. Customizing Hot Wheels has been an increasingly meaningless hobby to me for the past 5 years. It doesn't feel nearly as rewarding as it once was. But to be fair, life was different back then. My values and priorities were much different when I was still only working a part-time job with no bigger life aspirations. Modifying toy cars was a means for me to express what or how an existing car could appear even cooler than before. Throughout the years, I stretched myself thin by coming up with any idea whenever I looked at a particular casting and saving it for later when I had time to see this idea come to fruition. A backlog of toy cars was piling up to the point where not one- but two boxes were filling up, and projects were not being executed due to an ongoing procrastinating attitude I still have to this day. One of my goals this year was to re-evaluate what are in these boxes to cancel some of these ideas. Some of these projects do have some wild imaginative ideas I still want to see the finished product, while some were being held simply because I didn't want to let go of its potentially lost collector value. I've pulled many out of the queue and will be sold off later this year, but have decided to hang onto the really special ideas, and to complete some of the cooler castings such as this.