5 March 2013

[Tech, Wheelswap] New Tools Received, Quickie Wheelswaps

Stuff from DealExtreme finally arrives. I like shopping on dx.com from time to time for cheap gadgets/electronics and stupid little toys you wouldn't find in large department stores. The free shipping has been a selling point for me always. They ship free from Hong Kong to just about any location. Check 'em out if you want little doo-hickey devices, electronics, video game and phone accessories.

 10 pc. Diamond Taper Files. I should be fine with the current set I have, but perhaps these will provide more options for me later down the road.

Always wanted to try one of these funky-looking tripods. Was hoping I would be using this instead of the vintage tripod I have for my Hot Wheels, but it can't get low to eye-level of the tiny cars. It'll come in handy for something else later. 





That speciality store had some new items I've never seen before. It's the 2012 Nostalgia Nose Art series. There's a good and bad part to the story. The bad part is that of the 6 different cars in the series, there was only 3 different castings available at the store: Customized C3500, Dream Van XGW and Baja Breaker. I was tempted to grab the Baja Breaker for its rubber treaded tires to fit on my 4x4 customs in the future, but ultimately decided to stock up on the C3500 which had polished steelies. The good part is that they were going for only $3! This store is sometimes a great place to grab premium Hot Wheels. Usually it's not, but sometimes it's the only place here in the GTA.

 I'm so relieved I no longer need to seek the dremel to disassemble cars anymore since using the drill requires so much less time from start to finish.

3 super stretched trucks


Wheels are out as simply as 1, 2, 3!

Haven't found a body to install them on yet, but I did grab them for a reason. (wink)





Aside from that, I squeezed in time to do some quick wheelswaps to fix up the ugly wheels on otherwise good to so-so casting recolours.



Silly green wheels put me away at first, but I cannot resist a purple cruiser with psychedelic patterns. I put gold LW on it. Purple with gold is traditional and appropriate.


 I knew what I got myself into when I saw the MC5s, but it was a recolour of a new casting so my cognition couldn't beat my impulse in time. Luckily I had a solution to it. I even coloured the grill pattern in the front!


Thought the solid red wheels was significant, but it must not have been if I found so many of them. Must've been the translucent wheels then. Anyway, this was fortunately less work than the other two since the new wheels had the same axle lengths so no refitting was required. Think I could've went with something else, but this was working pretty good too and the already-correct axle length was a huge plus on saving time. Lamps, exhaust tips and even the Chevy emblem is coloured. Now would ya look at that?




Thoughts? Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment