24 February 2015

[Customs] Details, Details, Details.

Do a retailer buff right.

Once I get figure out a repeatable method of getting custom wheels going, I could see myself
spending less time coming up with wild ideas and paintjobs, and more on enhancing the lifeless
bodies instead; like I originally intended to do when I got into custom cars.






The rear bumper was the most fun to do. If I had better-sized tubing, I would have finished this
with a set of 0.6mm aluminum lip wheels. The lines came out messy because I got carried away with
creating an even coat of clear paint, which ended up reacting with the marker ink I used primarily
to colour the grills, bumpers and lines. I later used paint to block in the larger parts.
Let's pair it up the stock model to compare the difference:







I can see myself doing more of these granted the original model lacks a severe
amount of detailing that can be filled in with the gundam marker.
Stay Tuned!