30 October 2016

[Gaming] Zelda Progress - Super Smash Bros Wii U

It seems the blog has been neglecting the gaming side of things, and in the interest of making the blog reach further completion, I'm adding in bits and pieces I missed out on.

When I began playing Super Smash Bros Wii U, there were several characters I wanted to invest time into learning as a means of understanding how to play the game in general. It's not a creative name by any means, but that reflects on what this is meant to be for: progress logging. It's no montage by any means, the intent is not to show off, but rather to capture the impression of my skill level at the time of the recording, and to see how I've advanced between each timestamp.



Like Robin, Zelda was another defensive character I wanted to try out. Unlike Robin however, I didn't make much use of a projectile game as I did with a combo and offstage game. Amongst all the characters I put any time into, Zelda was the easiest one to perform any combos with, and her D-air is an easy gimping tool. Fun times were had when opponents were taken offstage, but it wasn't long until I learned just how difficult the ground game is when fighting similar characters to her. Like all the other characters I've blogged about, I use Zelda casually now and then when I face players that aren't used to fighting a Link.