11 February 2013

[Diecast] Cars Owed & Trade Successful

I come home from class and am welcomed with 3 small parcels.

2 of which are items owed from an eBay purchase. One seller forgot to put in one of my cars, and the other gave me the wrong car altogether. Hah. Freebie for me. The last parcel is from a trade with an individual from the forum where this hobby began.

I also finally decided to change the overly-dramatic camera angle. It was cool at first, but it only works on cars with a vertical facade. So I stopped. I decided to work with the plaque this time and settled with a profile shot even though it's the exact same view we see looking at cards. I tried putting the car at a 3/4 view and it just didn't have the artsy flow. In fact, it just looked like a generic cut and paste out of a page from a crappy car ad.






 
 This Land Rover Defender was completely missing from my parcel. Good thing I do feedback ratings on all items on eBay, because I use it as a checklist to see if everything is here.


 
This '70 Dodge HEMI Challenger (Garage series) was mistaken with a Plymouth HEMI Cuda (Garage Series).



These were from a trade established with a6m5 from GTPlanet.
They consist mostly of Garage Series cars and a single Boulevard.


 
Boulevard Ferrari F40
Glad he was willing to trade one up. The one Walmart here had the cases that contained them, but someone keeps hoarding them all.


 Chevy Corvette Stingray Concept
I have the white one as well, but this blue is lovely. 


 Ford GT40


Zamac Finish - Plymouth Hemi Cuda
They're new this year but I had the feeling I would never see one here, just like the Dan Weldon race car. Zamac if you never heard of it is, the type of metal hot wheel castings are made from. Referring to the finish as such simply means that the body never received any paint, so whenever Mattel releases any cars like this, it's generally considered special to collectors.

'10 Shelby GT-500
You know you like a car when you'll accept a paint defect! There's some paint loss on the roof, but lucky for me you guys can't see it in this photo.

Lastly, I was also sent a Garage Series Ferrari Dino 246, but I already have 2 so I didn't need a new photo. Thanks for the cars, Shinji! that's not his real name by the way





1 comment:

  1. Very nice Blog! The art of Sell Car come down to several factors. Knowledge is key. The old way of customers entering auto dealerships and you the salesmen approaching those customers with a salesman smile still work.

    ReplyDelete