26 April 2013

[Diecast, Carded] Capitalizing on 87 cents!



I'd be stocking up on donor cars but I already have a ton so unfortunately this opportunity just can't be taken. However, I have found some goodies I kept carded and some new loose to added to the collection.

Upon updating the spreadsheets via Google Drive, I've found more cars to actually take out of the collection to save me storage space and to make some money back for my foolish compulsiveness. I've broke the 250-car limit a few weeks ago and am sad to say I'm ashamed of my lack of commitment. I'll see how far I can shrink the collection though this will require me breaking open the picture frames that have yet to be hung.


Beginning with the cards. I visited a Toys R Us that probably isn't inhabited by a lot of collectors because other than finding 2 Hot Ones Toyota Hilux '87 Trucks, I also found these:

[Boulevard] 
Fangula

Never thought I'd ever see one again. Definite staple for me in the Boulevard series.
[Matchbox 60th Anniversary]
Aston Martin DBS Volante

After the VW Bus I never saw any other cases, but I was wrong.
[Matchbox 60th Anniversary]
Land Rover Defender 110

Can't go wrong with a Defender. Will accept without a second thought.
[2013 Mainline]
Ferrari 458 Challenge

Was asked to pick this up for someone but then no longer wanted it. Great. More to sell I suppose.













Moving onto loose additions. Let's begin with the Flea Market grabs.


Porsche 930
Never seen it online before so I was willing to pay $2 for this. Will remove the tampos and change the wheels soon enough.


Cadillac LMP
Again, never seen it in this colour. 


Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
 Somewhat lame with those wheels. I'll be swapping those eventually.


'59 Chevy Impala
 
Vendor wanted $4 for it, which I'd normally say no to, but in doing the math, it works out to be cheaper than buying it online since there's no shipping to pay for.


Other Grabs:

Prototype H-24
 Latest recolour of the casting. I'm in all honesty very taken by this fantasy design. The profile of it is just damn cool. Also found out about 3 weeks later it's a Treasure Hunt. Woo!


Renault 5 Turbo
 2013 Boulevard casting. There is still hope the GTA will receive a case or two!

Subaru Impreza GRB (PR5 variation)
Found three; sold one, and half a year later, I open one with a bent card. It's not like that crease is going to make it any more valuable.


Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
 Acquired from a trade. I also have the purple casting but sent those all off to be modified. The parameters still have not been set.


2013 Ferrari 5-Pack:

512M
After being saturated with the Garage series, PR5 wheels just feel lackluster.


FF
 Simple decal, yet bold, hip and cool. Maybe I'll adapt some elements of this into the Illustrious styling.


FXX
 While the FXX is an unusual favourite, the casting is pretty admittedly awful; worst of the five. Reason being is that its ground clearance is ridiculously high much like the castings of the Enzo and F50. I'd lower it, but there's already almost no room for suspension travel so it won't be possible to get the ride height lower without a slammed appearance.


P4
 Black and gold. Can't go wrong with a timeless classy colour choice.


Adjustments were made to the "template" I follow for documentation photos, though it's still in trial mode. I may just revert back to the previous low-profile shots since those seemed to capture the beauty of form and perspective whereas these don't, even with the cars being rotated.

Your thoughts on this are more than welcome. I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment