25 June 2014

[Customs] Quick Work pt.5.5

As an extension to the recent finished customs, here are the last two I've put together.








Painting wasn't necessary, but I lost some paint trying to wipe out tampos. With this car though, I tried applying wax to get it to shine. Still didn't turn the way I hoped. I'm really stumped on how to get cars smooth and shiny.







I should've left the CM6s as is. I regretfully painted the insides black which stuck out like aftermarket wheels tailored to those with poor taste. Being plastic, I couldn't just strip the paint off without damaging the wheels themselves. So I painted over it with silver. And it still looks unfitting. I decided to leave it at this, 2 coats of Tamiya's Smoke-colour acrylic. It gives it the brake-dust dirty look at least. Perhaps I should've lathered some around the bottom edges of the body to match it. It might just have made for an interesting contrast between the chrome body.

No comments:

Post a Comment