30 October 2014

[Customs] Is This What You Call A Restoration?!

When a beaten-up-but-too-valued release is too good to toss out, a replica is the only answer.

Here I attempt to colour-match the Land Rover's metalflake green with nail polish.
The challenge here was guessing based on provided photos, and we all know photos are
only so accurate in these situations.

I didn't want to repaint over the existing body as the paint is the only element
that gives it its identity. I took another pre-2012 body instead. The wheels needed to be
replaced due to rust building up on the axles. The windows and base were kept from
the original to maintain the emblem print on the back wheel cover. The results:






I made sure to position the camera to capture the different levels of illumination
in the original body. I was close. Maybe if I did a white primer beforehand...