19 November 2014

[Customs] Fast and Furious Fingers

These can't sell...Well, guess they will get buffed! These were all done on the same day they were disassembled. New record.




Not a fan of Chevelles, nor primer gray. Now with the new wheels, I like what I'm seeing.
Sometimes, that's all you really need I suppose.







Looking at the comparison photo, I can see now it was the shape of the
headlamp tampo that doesn't match the MKIV Supra.







Other than being a gloss finish, the final result doesn't deviate too much
from the Retro Entertainment release.







It was a close tie with 5SPs, but MC5 was my final choice. A neat trick
I've learned with removing the colour on wheels is to rub it down with
high-grit sandpaper, and to go very light on acetone to clear it up.







It was tough picking out wheels. WSPs were my immediate go to,
but they looked too stringy for the Challenger's wheels. Y5s had good
spoke-spacing, but 5 spokes was nowhere near enough. 10SP had
something going, except it lacked the busyness. So I settled on
the RR10SPs I pulled off a Garage Series Ford GT40. The spokes
are most suitable, but the deep dish wasn't doing it any good though.








This turned out magnificent. When it comes to 7-spokes wheels, I always have trouble
picking out appropriate wheels. I'll settle for this though. The essence of the wheel
design is very similar, so I finished it up by painting the wheels to match the two-tone finish.
Adding in the white on the iconic front grill really pull it all together.








Put the most time into this one. The lowering was more work than I imagined.
I have to shave off the back section of the interior as well as a protion of the windshield.
Totally worth it though, even if it detracts from the real car.


Of the entire set, the Gran Torino, R34 and R35 Skylines aren't in here as
their wheels were close enough to the real thing. I could've swapped the R34's
10SP for CM6s, but decided not to have the R35 left alone.
Other than that, that's the Fast & Furious Set! Now they can go
up on the picture frame as permanent pieces of the collection.