9 September 2018

[Photo] Gore Magala - Monster Hunter 4 (bootleg)



Would you believe this is a bootleg? It's pretty damn close to the original.



Market prices of this went over the roof. For a product's perceived value to infalte to nearly 1000% of their original retail price is crazy. I ain't touching that, but I will touch a bootleg if it looks good enough for under 200% of the retail price.



I haven't looked at an original in person to make this statement, but based on photos I've seen of original ones, the colourful bits are the clear giveaways. The mold is pretty close. It's the tattered end of the wings that don't match 100%.



Doesn't come with an original box (no surprise).





It's this angle that got me hooked on this. That right arm with the open hand ready to tear your face off is unbelievably cool.



The purples are much too flat and too saturated. It should be less red and a bit more towards the blue spectrum IMO.



The pale blues on the hands and shoulders are too bright (I think).





This is the ugliest part. The blue is applied much too thick, and like the purple, too flat, too saturated. I do have a plan of shaving down the paint, restoring the crevices and covering this up with something that shimmers more. I'm almost thinking eyeshadow and later coating it in matte clear. But this is a icebox idea for the time being.



Broad shoulders and no eyes make me think Venom and Alien.